Do Miracles Still Happen?


 

Are miracles still real? Do they still happen today or did they stop with the apostles in the Bible? 

 

I want to share an experience that my wife and I had this year, on August 8. 

 

We were going to a location and we were driving down this 2 lane highway. It's very heavily traveled and there is a lot of cars passing other slower ones, that happens on this 2 lane highway all the time. 

 

We were at a certain point on this 2 lane highway, and most of the time, there is either a ditch off to the side of the road or trees or woods, right next to the road. However, we were in an area where there happened to be flat grass off to the side, and trees further back. 

 

When we were traveling in this area, we saw this vehicle that was passing a line of cars down ahead of us. We've seen this many times on this road. The difference is this, when the car that was passing the line of cars came to the point where they could have gotten back over into their lane and kept on going, this car did not, but this car kept going straight in our lane right towards us. 

 

Also to be exact, this car was picking up speed. It was barreling faster and faster in our lane refusing to get over. At first, I had a gut reaction thought, that I needed to get off the road, but then I hesitated because I felt deep within not to at that moment. 

 

As I continued to watch the car barreling towards us, I noticed it was not swerving, it was not going off and back on the road, so there was nothing going on evidently with this driver. This driver had made a decision from what we felt, to take their own life, and use us to do it. 

 

Now, this whole time frame, we're watching the vehicle come towards us, at a certain point, I felt deep within to let off on the gas. Then not long after that, I felt to put on the brakes. 

 

Each time I was listening to that small voice that was speaking to me. Then when this vehicle got within 5, maybe 8 feet right in front of us, it suddenly changed course and turned left and went off the road. 

 

The car turned left and went off the road to our right. When it went off the road, it skidded and started to fishtail around. I felt the back of the car was going to come around and hit the side of the car where my wife was sitting on the passenger side. 

It did not it. 

 

It then hit a point and came to a sudden stop, then it started going forward. When it went forward it was going at an angle, where it came back onto the road. It was about 3, 4, to 5 feet in front of us. I couldn't tell exactly but it was close. 

 

We couldn't see inside the car because the windows were so dark. So it came back on the road at an angle in front of us, and  I thought for sure it was going to come around and hit us on the back end of our car. 

 

It was when it was coming back on the road that I heard that still small voice say, go off the road now. So I turned to go off the road while it was coming back onto the road. Again, it came onto the road at an angle and I thought it was going to hit our back left side. when suddenly it straightened up and darted across the road to the other side, where there was nothing but flat grassland. It spun on the other side of the road and came to a complete stop. 

 

All of the time that this was happening, the vehicles that this car had passed, still had not reached us yet, because there was a truck that was in front going very slow, and they had their flashers on. 

 

All of this happened within minutes, and they always say that in times like this, your life will pass before your eyes. I didn't have that happen to me, I only had this still small voice directing me on what to do. When I heard God’s still small voice, I listened and I did exactly what He directed me to do. 

 

The Bible says that God is not in the thunder, is a nod in the fire, is not in the earthquake, but most of the time He speaks in a still small voice. I heard His still small voice deep in my spirit, and I realized that if I had not listened to Him and did what He was directing me to do at each certain moment, my wife and I wouldn't be here today. 

 

Yet we are, thank God, and we are continuing to declare the goodness of God. Now I don't know if an angel had stepped out in that time frame where that car was about 5 to 8 feet in front of us, causing the other car to suddenly go off the road. I don't know if it was an angel that stepped in the way, or if Jesus Himself, but something stopped that car. 

 

So do miracles happen, yes they still do. Do they happen in this way all the time? Sometimes, but sometimes the miracle is in the small things. Like when you need a certain item, but you realize you don't have the finances for it, yet when you go to try to get it, the product you're needing, at that moment, is on sale and you can afford it. Or when someone blesses you with money the day before, which gave you enough to get that product. 

 

Miracles happen every day. We just have to open our eyes, our spiritual eyes to see. 

 

I hope this encourages you today, and keep your spiritual eyes open for those miracles that we sometimes miss seeing.

 

May God bless you. 

Shalom.